So the big question here — is hydrogen infused water safe to drink? Let’s touch briefly upon the history of hydrogen water.
The History Of Molecular Hydrogen
So while people in Japan have been drinking hydrogen water since the 60s, the molecule itself was first discovered in 1520 by Philippus Aureolus Paracelsus. He unknowingly found a flammable gas when he was burning some metal using an acid and collecting the gas the experiment produced. Once discovering it, others began working with and studying the gas. It wasn’t until 1783 that the French word “hydrogen” was used to describe it.
Today, hydrogen is being used for its health benefits. Hydrogen infused water is sweeping the world by storm, and the epicenter of its popularity is in Japan. Described as “the next big thing in wellness in Japan” by Time Magazine, it’s not hard to see why so many people are choosing to incorporate hydrogen water in their diets.
Scientific Studies Showing The Safety Of Hydrogen Water
While hydrogen water is now becoming popular in the United States, numerous studies exist showing its safety, as well as its benefits. Here are some of the most popular studies showcasing what drinking hydrogen water can do for the body:
- Hydrogen-rich water for improvements of mood, anxiety, and autonomic nerve function in daily life. In this study, the researchers found that hydrogen water significantly boosts peoples’ quality of life. The participants (13 females, 13 males) experienced no side, order, or carry-over effects. Through this study, these researchers also found that autonomic function, cognitive function, and blood parameters were not adversely impacted.
- Hemodialysis study. During this analysis, researchers used hydrogen water to treat chronic dialysis patients. They found that hydrogen water can be used as an anti-inflammatory agent, as well as to ameliorate hypertension.
- Study on hydrogen water supplementation for exercise. Throughout this study, researchers analyzed the impact of hydrogen water on middle-aged overweight women's’ exercise capacity. They found that there was a significant improvement in their exhaustion rates. Also, the total work completed during their exercise routines rose, showing hydrogen water ingestion improved their performance.
- Hydrogen-rich water ameliorates rat placental stress induced by water restriction. With this study, researchers found that molecular hydrogen — found in hydrogen water — actually helps reduce placental stress. Since dehydration is so detrimental when it comes to intrauterine abnormalities that can produce fetal growth retardation, hydrogen water is even proven beneficial during pregnancies.
- Study on anti-inflammatory properties of molecular hydrogen. This study examined how molecular hydrogen impacts chronic inflammatory disease. The findings show this molecule is therapeutic and diagnostic when it comes to treating mice. It helped in reducing inflammation, as well as preventing the problems inflammation can bring. With this being the case, the researchers determined that hydrogen molecules can effectively treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Study showing hydrogen molecules helps with obesity and diabetes. In this study, the researchers show that hydrogen water can help to control body fat. They believe it is possible for this drink to help with weight and weight-related problems, including diabetes.
So Should You Be Drinking Hydrogen Water?
While the FDA recognizes hydrogen water as safe for human consumption, it’s important to know where you’re sourcing the water from. Some personal hydrogen water bottles are not safe, but Susosu is free from harmful elements.
So if you’re interested in learning more about how Susosu’s water will improve your health, fitness, and mood while hydrating you, make sure to check us out!