There is no doubt that the human body needs adequate water to function efficiently. Without adequate water, every tissue, cell and muscle in our body will be weak or even become inactive. In fact, water makes a larger percentage of our body. According to Water Science School, up to sixty percent (60%) of the human body is water. Medical News Today supports this claim, and adds that the percentage of water in the human body could be as low as 45% and as high as 75%. This is why health experts recommend that everyone drink between eight and ten glasses of water daily.
But as beneficial as water is to the body, it could be a source of diseases and sickness if it’s unhealthy. This means that not all types of water are good for your body; only clean, particle-free and toxin-free water is. The ability to identify healthy water, therefore, is as important as (if not more important than) drinking enough water daily. Don’t know which water is healthy and which is unhealthy? Worry not because we have done the research for you. Below is a list of water from the least healthiest to the healthiest. We are confident that this list will help you to make the right choice of water. Ready to explore our list? Let’s get to business!
- Tap Water: From our research, we discovered that tap water is the least healthiest water to drink though it is the most popular. Tap water is a form of purified water. That is why the World Health Organization (WHO) declared it safe for drinking. However, the fact that tap water is safe for drinking does not make it beneficial to human health. Before you fetch it from your faucets, tap water undergoes a series of purification processes. Chlorine, for instance, is often used for killing germs, microorganisms and bacteria in tap water in order to make it potable. Ozone is another chemical which performs a similar purpose. But these processes only neutralize all potential harms that could accompany drinking tap water. They do not add nutrients to it so as to make it healthier for drinking. Rather, the chemicals destroy the natural nutrients of the water.
Despite the fact that the World Health Organization (WHO) declared tap water safe for drinking, you should pay attention to the source and treatment of tap water that you drink. If the source is very dirty and the water is not thoroughly purified, you put your health at risk if you attempt to drink it.
- Distilled Water: Another form of purified water, and the second least healthiest water on our list! In one of our earlier posts about distilled water, we made it clear that distilled water undergoes an intense purification process that removes not only contaminants but also natural nutrients such as sulfur and sodium from it. This means that, in the process of purifying distilled water, it loses its health benefits including its ability to hydrate the body for a long time. Not only that, distilled water also loses its flavor in terms of taste since natural nutrients give rich flavor to water. These, altogether, make distilled water an unhealthy choice.
- Bottled Water: The source of the water contained in the bottle determines how healthy it is. Sources of bottled water include well water, artesian water, spring water, mineral water and tap water. Out of these, only mineral water is very healthy because it is 100% natural. So, when bottled water contains mineral water, it’s healthy for you to drink. But if bottled water contains tap water, it’s similar to drinking tap water itself though it is usually filtered before being packaged.
Unfortunately, bottles are not very health-friendly just like they are not environment-friendly. When you drink bottled water, you consume part of the chemical used to make the bottle, and this is very hazardous to your health. As if this is not enough, the empty bottle also decays, and causes environmental pollution which also destroys human health. Meanwhile, American consumers of bottled water spend $16 billion on it every year while those in the United Kingdom spend around £2.4 billion on it annually despite its potential health risks. You can play a role in reducing these numbers by opting for a healthier kind of water.
- Alkaline Water: While alkaline water has numerous health benefits such as anti-aging, anti-oxidation, pH level regulation and prevention of chronic diseases, it equally poses different threats to your health and well-being. With a pH level of 8-9, alkaline water is made from alkaline minerals and negative oxidation-reduction potential (ORP). Its main adverse effect is low pH level in the body which could lead to weakened immune system and metabolic alkalosis. Just as low levels of acidity in the body prevents the immune system from defeating pathogens before they enter the bloodstream; excessive alkalinity causes skin irritation and gastrointestinal problems. In addition, a collection of research works published in AquaLiv found out that alkaline water is harmful to the body, especially to those with kidney problems. Lastly, too alkaline water can cause a decrease in free calcium in the body; and this will, in the long run, affect the body’s bone health.
- Hydrogen Water: This, unanimously, is the healthiest water you can drink. Also known as hydrogen rich water or hydrogen infused water, hydrogen water is a natural mineral water. It is highly nutritious and beneficial to the body, and it has no adverse effect at all. Hydrogen water benefits the body through lasting hydration, anti-inflammatory substances, natural energy, body fat regulation, blood pressure management, prevention of diseases, beauty and antioxidants. Interestingly enough, each of these benefits is scientifically backed up. Drinking a lot of hydrogen water daily is a good way of maintaining good health.
Now that you have decided not to drink any other water except hydrogen water, you need a constant and reliable supplier of undiluted hydrogen water. This is where we come in. We provide you with hydrogen water in different sizes to benefit your health. Susosu Hydrogen Water is committed to your well-being and that of your environment. For this reason, we pack our pure hydrogen Infused water in a pouch which is recyclable. Buy a pouch (or more) of Susosu Hydrogen Water today and always to protect/improve your health.